COVID-19 UPDATE MAY 2020
I am now able to taking bookings for lessons in a restricted
way in order to still conform with national requirements, both to protect
clients and myself. If you would like me to restart lessons, I am currently
applying the following criteria:
- I can only offer private lessons at this time. Social distancing will be observed at all
times. Where appropriate, you should check with your yard owners that they are
happy for me to attend.
- I can only accept bookings from clients who are able to
prepare their horse for the lesson unaided, and if riding, organise the tack
and mount ready for their lesson. Alternatively, you may prefer to let me work
your horse for the duration of the session on the ground. This should be
arranged in advance. If this is the case, I will bring my own equipment.
- I can only take bookings from clients who are from
households who have been observing strict social distancing, are
non-symptomatic and who have observed all government requirements during
- Should your situation change between booking a lesson and
the lesson day I will accept cancellations with no fee providing I have a
minimum of 4 hours notice.
- All riders must wear their own hats and P.P.E. Body
protectors or air jackets should be worn if available.
- All lessons must be paid for remotely by BACS or Paypal.
Details of bank transfer details and PayPal will be available when booking.
- To conform with government guidelines, no-one else can be
in the immediate vicinity of the session. Another person may be on yard who can
be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- All lessons will be strictly risk assessed and kept within
rider’s competence. I will not be offering jump lessons at this time.
- Please be aware of the
guidance being given regarding CPR during the Covid-19 outbreak: https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/unresponsive-casualty/how-to-do-cpr-on-an-adult/
- I am also advised by the BHS that it is now permitted to
travel horses for training and so can welcome people with their own horses for
private lessons to my facility at Ipplepen subject to meeting all criteria.
- I reserve the right to check clients temperature prior to
You will also need to recomplete a Student Registration
Form (Updated for Covid -19 Requirements) prior any further lessons.
THE SEVERITY OF THE CURRENT CONDITIONS ARE ESSENTIAL TO CONFORM WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AND BHS REQUIREMENTS